What a better time to begin my blog writing than exactly 100 days before Brent and I exchange vows! Wow I feel like things are getting down to the wire.
So far we've made wine glass lampshades for the votives at the reception. Here's a pictures of what they will look like.

In addition to the romantic look of the glowing lampshades I am trying to find a way to incorporate antique mason jars. My dedicated sister Brittany recently braved the unknown of the Lake House basement to collect blue and white mason jars of assorted sizes with the reception in mind. I love the idea of the mason jars~ it incorporates some sentiment into the reception. My dad's mother grew up at the Lake House and the jars are a perfect way of including her spirit in my wedding.
I've found a few ways of displaying flowers in mason jars that I like. I think my favorite is not only simple but also affordable (I swear that's not the only reason I like this idea!) So for the idea here are a few pictures I've collected. I think if I do this idea with mason jars full of one or two stems of flowers we will likely use either hydrangeas in white and blue or white roses~ better yet we'll use an assortment of all three. Any suggestions or comments?



Each table will have two of the lampshade votives as well as a color and size assortment of probably three or four mason jars holding assorted flowers. What's the consensus? What else do I need to tie it all together? Is there something I should I change?
No comments:
Post a Comment