Dear Paragon,
Thanks for nothing!
Erica
Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for all of the support and advice you gave me as I battled it out with Paragon. For those of you who don't know when I purchased my car I made a huge mistake... I bought a warranty from Paragon to cover my pre-owned vehicle for 45K or 36 months. The warranty was fairly inclusive little did I know the company was literally impossible to get a hold of.
In order to be reimbursed by the sketchy warrant company of mine you must have the repair shop call and receive approval, simple enough right? Wrong! The process doesn't seem that unrealistic. However what was unrealistic was my expectation that they would pick up their phone when I call during business hours or at the very least that they would return a phone call.
I swear Paragon added my number to their caller ID and avoided picking up their line when I called. The ringleader of Paragon Skipp was the only person I ever had the privilege of speaking to during my many phone calls. After a while Skipp became tired of being the bad guy so he directed my further calls to a woman named Faith. I have a hunch that Faith is a fictitious name Skipp created so that I would subliminally have faith that I would soon be getting answers and just possibly the money I was owed. After all I never reached Faith when I would try the number for her nor did she return my calls (she and her buddy Skipp have that in common.) Matter of fact I never received a returned phone call from anyone at Paragon thought I left well over 35 messages throughout the last year.
After puttsing around with the company for months (almost 12 to be exact) I filed a claim with the New York State Attorney Generals office NYSAG. The NYSAG's office was a huge help, they did such a through job gathering information from me and relaying my complaint this one last time to Paragon. The last week in June I received a rather incoherent letter from Paragon that was sent by them to the NYSAG's office describing the action that they had taken to resolve the issue with my outstanding claims. As of this point Paragon had not yet fulfilled any of the steps that they told the NYSAG's office they had done. Give it time Erica, if you don't receive the payment as they are alleging they mailed it certified mail you'll need to call up the NYSAG's office again that's old hat by now! Don't worry folks I wanted you to enjoy the letter as well, if I get my scanner up and running I'll post a picture.
Fast forward... on July 1st I received a door tag from FedEx apparently I had missed their delivery man. But wait I'm not expecting a package. Oh hmmm... could it be? NO! Is it? We'll the tracking number indicated the package was sent from Pennsylvania and Paragon Warranty Corporation is located in Lancaster, PA. No this must be a coincidence. Sure enough I picked up the package from the FedEx delivery site and there it was a check!
That's right a small portion of the money that I am owed from Paragon. I'll settle for this, after all I didn't expect that this bogus company would follow through with paying me a dime of what I am owed.
So I suppose persistence really can pay off! Thanks for being patient with me and for encouraging me to take it to the NYSAG. This whole process has taught me a great deal about persistence and the feeling of triumph! :) We win!
Thank you all,
Erica
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment