The last two days I spent some time up in Liverpool visiting with the McCorkle family. Each year when they migrate west from Cape Cod to Cleveland they stop by our neck of the woods for some rest and relaxation. This year the R&R was greatly deserved- Uncle Dan and the girls drove through a horrible snow storm on Sunday to make it to Central New York. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the visit to post. They arrived late Sunday night, we visited for about a hour and they headed to the hotel for some sleep. Yesterday I drove back up to visit and guide them through Carousel Mall. The mall was surprisingly empty despite being just three days before Christmas. Though our time with them is never long enough seeing them is always a highlight this time of year! We'll need to make the trips more frequent!
Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) we'll be going to church at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. We're looking forward to visiting the church again! We haven't been to a mass there since our wedding. Wow time flies. One of my new years resolutions will be to visit St. Elizabeth's and Father Finnegan more often in 2009. I'm always in such great spirits after talking with him. As all of you who attended our wedding know he's a funny guy! After church we'll be having dinner and hopefully gift giving with my parents, Amanda and Brittany.
After that we'll be on our way to visit with the crew in Watertown. Renee flies in tomorrow we'll cross our fingers that her flight isn't delayed. Brent's family wakes up Christmas day with so many great traditions, I'm very glad to be a part of it. I can't wait for Grandma Rotella's Monkey Bread Christmas morning.
I'll post pictures after the holidays. We're anxious to see how Laker will react with all of the commotion and wrapping paper over the next couple of days!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment