Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A proud day in America

Wow today Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States. Regardless of political view I hope that all Americans can see our responsibility in this amazing struggle. Though we now have a great leader the fight won't be an easy one nor will it be one that can be fought for us. As America citizens it is our responsibility to step up and show one another and the world what we are capable of.

Today as I watched the inauguration from my office I felt so proud, so ready to take action and so trusting in our people and our leader. This election and our new president have electrified our country in a way that few can remember. This amazing feeling of triumph and hope is one I pray lasts for decades to come.

I couldn't be prouder of all that my fellow citizens have accomplished. The sheer fact that in the face of economic disaster, unpopular wars and numerous additional obstacles our county was ready for change. We collectively choose to take action and to dedicate ourselves to a cause larger than us or our generation.

Yes we can, and we did! The fight isn't over let's do this together!

Congratulations Barack Obama!

No comments: